August 30, 2021 - NPD ANNOUNCES NEW "SAFE EXCHANGE ZONE"
The Nashua Police Department has designated a Safe Exchange Zone for the public use in order to complete online transactions and child custody exchanges. The Safe Exchange Zone consists of two designated parking spots in front of the police station. This area is recorded by cameras 24 hours a day, is well lit and within a short distance of the front lobby of the building. The program was implemented to help reduce and deter crimes such as theft, robbery and fraud. Please note that Nashua Police Department employees will not participate in the transactions or act as witnesses. If there is an issue or a crime occurs, please call 911 or 603-594-3500.
Buying or Selling Items
The Nashua Police Department recommends the following safety tips when buying or selling items from an unknown person:
• Insist on meeting at a Safe Exchange Zone or at minimum a public place
• Be extra cautious in buying/selling valuable items
• Complete transactions during daylight hours
• Do not invite strangers into your home and do not go to theirs
• Take your cell phone with you
• Trust your instincts and be cautious of scams
• Let others know where you are meeting and what time
SEE Archived News