-Full Time Police Officer Employment Opportunities-
The Nashua Police Department strives to improve the quality of life in its community and to protect people and property in partnership with the citizens of Nashua.
Upcoming Testing Dates
Click here for testing dates and to begin the application process
Do you qualify for a career with the Nashua Police Department?
All Candidates Must be United States Citizens.
Applicants must NOT have a felony conviction.
Applicants must NOT have a conviction for driving while intoxicated within the last 10 years.
Residency: Continental United States (and valid drivers license required)
Age: Must be at least 21 years old to apply
Height: Proportionate to Weight
Weight: Proportionate to Height
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Health & Hearing: Excellent
Eyes: Visual acuity distant - correctable to 20/30, Visual acuity near-correctable to 20/40;
(Normal Color and Depth Perception necessary)
Testing: Written Exam and Physical Agility Tests
Nashua Police Department Policy on Tattoos, Scarifications and Brandings
DO NOT attempt to conceal or cover-up Tattoos
Nashua Police Officers and candidates can NOT have tattoos, scarifications or brands that are below the elbow.
Nashua Police Officers and candidates can NOT have tattoos, scarifications or brands above the collar line.
Members and Employees are prohibited from displaying any tattoo, scarification or brand that can be considered offensive, inappropriate, or detracts from the professional appearance of the Nashua Police Department.
*Candidates with tattoos that are not in compliance with current NPD regulations will be allowed to participate in the candidate testing and hiring process, provided the following:
• The candidate has started the removal process of unauthorized tattoos prior to taking the written test
• The candidate provides written documentation of proof of the removal process at the time of the written test
Candidates that are successfully hired by the Nashua Police Department with tattoos that are not in compliance with current NPD regulations must have unauthorized tattoos completely removed prior to the conclusion of the candidates first year of service/probationary period.
- First Year Officer: $54,724.84
- Second Year Officer: $66,142.00
- Certified First Year Officers: $57,193.79
- Certified II: $74,361.00
(2 years Full-Time Certification required)
- Individual and family plans available
Equipment & Uniforms:
- Complete Issue upon Employment
- Annual Clothing Allowance
- Mandatory upon Employment - N.P.D & New Hampshire Police Academy
- Continuous In-Service Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Educational Incentive - annual bonus for Bachelors and Masters Degrees
Probationary Period: 1 Year
Outside Details: Regularly available
- 10 Days Annually after 1 Year of Service
- 15 Days Annually after 4 Years of Service
- 20 Days Annually after 9 Years of Service
- 25 Days Annually after 16 Years of Service
- New Hampshire Retirement System - 25 Years Service
- Minimum Retirement Age – 50
Nashua Police Department
Professional Standards Division
Attn: Officer Kevin Pucillo
28 Officer James Roche Drive
Nashua NH, 03062
THE NASHUA POLICE DEPARTMENT SEEKS TO PROVIDE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL PEOPLE WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITY AND TO ENSURE THIS PRACTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION IS APPLIED TO EVERY ASPECT OF ITS BUSINESS ACTIVITIES